Awnings for businesses
Awnings can transform your business in more ways than one. In addition to making the exterior more attractive and inviting to customers, awnings also shield your premises from the sun. If the weather is particularly hot, you can provide a cool environment for your customers without racking up a hefty air conditioning bill.
- Aesthetically pleasing – Your business will stand out from the crowd and attract new customers.
- Reduce energy costs – Awnings can shade your building and reduce solar heat gain.
- Improved marketing – You can print your logo or company name on your awning for greater outreach.
- Outdoor area – An awning allows you to seat extra customers in particularly hot or rainy weather conditions.
If you’re a business owner and are interested in purchasing an awning, visit our commercial awnings and shop canopies page.
Awnings are attached to your home and are primarily used to shade an adjoining patio. Canopies are freestanding, typically much bigger and are used to provide shelter for large outdoor events.
The slope angle can be adjusted, typically from 15 degrees to 35 degrees. Some designs range as low as 0 degrees and as high as 45 degrees.
Awnings are resistant to light rain but should not be left out during bouts of heavy rain or snow, as torrential weather can billow the fabric and damage the awning.
Specialist brackets are available if your guttering is in the way. Our specialists carry out a site inspection for all installations and will fit a specialist bracket if we feel that one is required.
Your awning can be powered through your mains power supply or from a separate power source. If you wish to use the mains power, you should consult a qualified electrician. To keep the power supply to your awning separate to the mains, you will need a fused spur. We don’t install fused spurs but we will wire your awning so that connection to a fused spur is simple.
All installations are done by our team. You do not need a professional electrician to install your electrical awning, though you may need them to wire it to the mains if you wish for it to be powered in this way.
For the best results, we always recommend letting a professional install your awning.
Buying awnings from Gemini Blinds
- Professional fitting
- Free consultation and measuring service
- Made to measure
- Home-visiting service
- Over 35 years of industry experience
- Competitive prices
- All products fully guaranteed
- Huge range of styles and fabrics available
Take a look through our range of awnings to find the perfect awning for you. To enquire about any of our products, contact our team today.
Home Visits at a time to suit you
Request a callback: